Saturday, February 13, 2010

F.E.A.R.

My mom used to always use this acrostic for "fear" when I was growing up. She always said that fear was "False Evidence Appearing Real." She also taught us this song that went "God has not given us a spirit of fear but he has given unto us, a spirit of power, a spirit of love, and a sound mind." However, it is still so easy to fear. Easier to fear than it is to actually have faith about whatever it is you fear. Fear can cause you so much trouble. It can lead you to make decisions that otherwise would not have been made. It can leave you confused and indecisive. It can rob you of your future and of your blessings.

The crux of Christianity is faith. If you possess not faith, then you cannot truly call yourself a christian. We must believe that God is all powerful, and more than able to fulfill his promises to us. That he is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ask or think. But we must be careful not to confuse fear with our spiritual discernment. If something is your spirit is telling you that something is wrong, then listen to it.

I have allowed fear to have FAR TOO MUCH reign over my life the past couple of years, and it's time for me to let it go and just have faith in God completely. Not just about some subjects, but all of them.

4 comments:

  1. awesome...I agree...and I have to stop allowing myself to be controlled by fear! Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sharnae you took me back into the archives of my soul reading this. It moved me to remember that which I had forgoten. I reminisced on some moments that God used me in my children's youth. May I also be as faithful to God with my Grandchildren.
    This was great to me. Thank you God for giving me an inspirational reflection through my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm faithful, but one of the things I struggle with most is just "letting go, and letting God." I too have let fear, worry, doubt, etc. cloud my judgment, slow my progress and delay my blessings. Everyday I think about the future; it seems many Americans do. I seek to better exercise my faith and trust in God in 2010. He has a plan for us all and I need to remember that instead of always trying to control the uncontrollable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Controlling the uncontrollable is a problem for me to. However, I dont want to just sit back and do nothing because I feel like I could have been doing something, even if that means thinking or worrying about it. However, I am working on this.

    ReplyDelete