Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Who Can Love You More?


WHO CAN LOVE YOU MORE?

Lisa McClendon has this song entitled "Who Can Love You More." Everytime I hear that song it strikes a chord deep within me. I am reminded one way or another on the daily that there is indeed no love like the love of Jesus Christ. People will always disappoint, people will let you down, they will deceive you, and they will hurt you. The people closest to you are not exempt from this. There has been this part of me that wants to be loved in a certain way. It wants to feel constantly appreciated, beautiful, admired, and secure. Yet all that I've come into contact with has not lived up to those expectations. Will anyone ever? Maybe not, a truth that I have come to the conclusion of, BUT GOD!!! The love that I long for and that we all long for is in Christ and can be found in Christ, we just have to accept it.

Many times, I think mostly because we cannot tangibly see or feel God, we treat Him as though he cannot do the things for us that we look for in humans. We shun Him as our companion because he cant physically watch a movie with us. We ban Him from our bedrooms because he cannot hold us at night. We push Him away from our hearts because he cannot physically walk us down the aisle.

I have personally been guilty of settling for less than I should because I wouldnt just be patient and wait for what God has for me. I needed to be content with He and I until the time comes where He will give me the rights of passage to my Adam.

I know things happen in seasons, and in God's time things are revealed to us and given to us, but this thing is getting so annoying to me. To the point where im just ready to give up on it all. What really am I holding on to? If what God has for me is better than anything I can fathom why not just wait?

Until God unites me with Him, I need to not just know it, but act like I know that God is my love, and He will never steer me wrong. I need to focus on me, what He has for me to do right now and let the chips fall where they may. He pursued me and found me. He gives me much more than I can ever give Him in return. The man of my dreams will show me that type of love, the love of Christ, that unconditional love. That love that will never leave you with questions, but will leave you fulfilled and not lacking at the end of the day.

Who can love me more? No One.

No comments:

Post a Comment